04 Aug 6 Power Tricks to Build Up your Instagram Account
Looking to level-up the way you’re using your Instagram account? Have you tried some shortcuts in the past, like buying followers (cringe!), only to be left disappointed – or worse still – having your account suspended? Yikes!
In 2019, there are much smarter tips and tricks to get more meaningful engagement with your Instagram account.
Below are 6 Power Tricks to help you build up your Instagram account and increase your following – all WITHOUT resorting to buying followers (Instagram’s algorithm is now way too smart for that!!!)
Related: why you should never buy fake followers.
6 Power Tricks to Build Up your Instagram Account
1. Create auto-responses to reply to comments faster
If you have a business Instagram account, you’ll find that you get very similar questions from your customers in your comments. For example, “Is this still in stock?”, or “do you ship to Canada?”. There is a trick to reply to these comments faster by creating some auto-responses. Here’s how:
- Tap the three-dot menu and go to Settings from your Instagram profile
- Go to General, and then Keyboard
- Tap Text Replacement
- You will see a list of pre-filled keyboard shortcuts. Click the + sign in the upper right corner to add your own.
- In the Phrase section, type the auto-response you want (for example, “Yes! we offer free shipping to Canada for purchases over $29.99)
- In the Shortcut section, type a word or phrase that you’d like to name that response as, like: Canada Ship
- You can now use that keyboard shortcut anytime you want to use this auto-response
2. Copy an Instagram post’s hashtags
While you could spend time researching and typing-out each hashtag on your post, why bother when influencers and brands in your niche have already done the hard work for you?
If you find a post that’s trending hard and getting loads of engagement, why not try its tags out on one of your posts? But be careful – every tag still needs to be relevant to what you’re posting, so make sure you delete any that don’t make sense.
To do this, you can use the Instagram Hashtags shortcut for iOS:
- Install the Instagram Hashtags shortcut
- Go to the post whose hashtags you want to copy
- Tap on the three-dot menu on the top right
- Select Share to and then Shortcuts from the share sheet
- The Shortcuts app will then open
- Tap Instagram Hashtags and, voila, all of the hashtags will be copied to your clipboard
- Simply paste these tags into the post you’re working on, or in the comments section of something you’ve already posted
For more handy iOS shortcuts that can help your Instagram game, see Gadget Hacks.
This Podcast may help 😉
3. Use an automation tool to generate more likes and follows
Automation tools like MegaFollow help you generate authentic followers and real engagement. MegaFollow uses your Instagram account to automate likes, comments, follows and unfollows, based on your settings, so you can attract new followers.
It provides tons of customization options and filters to engage potential audiences that make sense for you. Plus, MegaFollow is always on-top of any changes to Instagram’s own algorithm, so you don’t need to worry about experiencing account suspensions or issues.
4. Use a hashtag generator to find the best hashtags
There is some seriously cool tech out there to help you not only find, but track the performance of popular hashtags. There are even AI tools that can analyze your photos and generate tags directly from them! Amazeballs! Soo, there is really NO excuse not to be testing the most up-to-date hashtags on your Instagram account for your product or service on a regular basis. Here are 2 different ways to generate hashtags:
- First: search for relevant hashtags in a hashtag search engine
FREE hashtag search engines are available to use, such as: All-hashtag.com or Seek Metrics.
- Then: upload photos to a hashtag generator app
Or, If you prefer to do all your Instagramming on your smartphone, then there are apps like #HashMe (iOS) that analyze your image and generate popular tags based on it.
If you want to get more serious about how you use hashtags in your Instagram account, here are some of the best tools to help you get the most out of them.
5. Use an app or shortcut to download & re-post Instagram photos & stories
It’s a real bummer when you want to re-post or share someone else’s content (giving them credit, of course) but you can only take a low-quality screenshot.
The much better way to download and share content is to use an app or iOS shortcut like InstaSave. Here’s how to save a photo or video that you want to re-gram using this iOS shortcut:
- Go to the post you want to share
- Tap on the three-dot menu and choose Share to then Shortcuts from your share sheet (iPhone)
- Then, go to InstaSave shortcut and the image or video will automatically save to your photo app
- You can then re-post to Instagram by finding it in your photo app.
*Remember, re-post responsibly and ALWAYS give credit to and tag the original creator*
6. Archive old posts so they don’t show on your profile
If you’re giving your Instagram account an overhaul, and some of your older posts don’t match with your new look, the Archive feature is really handy. This way, you can hide posts from your feed without deleting them.
And why wouldn’t you just delete them? Because you never know when you might want to re-work a post in the future.
Here’s how to archive posts:
- Go to the post you want to remove and tap the three-dot menu
- Select Archive
- If you want to view all your archived posts, tap the Archive icon in the top right corner of your profile
- To make an archived post public again, go to it and tap Show on Profile. It will be reposted where it was originally located in your feed.
Tailored references for you
- The rules of Instagram continue to change, and plenty of businesses are stressing over how badly it’s affecting their social media game. That’s when Instagram Growth Hacks come to save the game: Killer hacks to level up your Instagram power.
- Whether you’re trying to humanize your brand – or grow a raving community of followers that can help skyrocket your sales to dizzying heights – IG can be that one platform that can helps you accomplish just that. Caution: these 3 Instagram Marketing Strategies can skyrocket your Followers in no time.
MegaFollow uses your Instagram account to automate likes, comments, follows and unfollows based on your needs - so you can attract new, real and organic followers.
no credit card required
Your way to the Top!
Instagram’s algorithm is constantly updating, but there’s really no need to be alarmed. At the same time, there are always new updates and new ways to make your Instagram account more productive. Why not let us know in the comments when you’ve tried some of the above power tricks? Which ones worked for you? Good luck!